Thursday, March 17, 2011

Piecring Junkie Am I

So piercings have been my thing all my life, but having strict black parents the idea of piercings was not a option at all...unless it was in my ear. I mean my mum is strict all you very much a artsy hippie with a street edge to her. Despite that she wasn't keen on the idea of me getting piercings ever or tattoos. So when I asked her and was up front bout it, because I was a scene kid when I was 15 and every scene kid had a lip piercing or snakebites. And as a a scene girl whose black, not a twig and has short hair I needed something. Since my mum is kool and all but crazy as shit so I had to ask first, because she would have ripped it out.

So I asked and she said..."no" because I had a job that didn't allow facial piercings and she didn't like the idea of it on my face. So then I tried a alternative when I was 17...a Industrial piercing. Which for those of you who may not know [pshhh...and their are people who do so don't be ashamed] A "industrial piercings" sometimes called scaffold piercing (UK/IRL) or construction piercing, is any two pierced holes connected with a single straight piece of jewelry. And since my mum had cartilage piercings she was like "Sure I'll let you get that for my 18th birthday"...and let me tell you what happened on my 18th birthday...NOTHING!!!! My birthday came and went and so did my senior year and guess what NO PIERCINGS WHAT-SO-EVER.

 So since I went to school in the Summer after I got my State I.D. the first thing I got pierced was my lip in August and I got snakebites. Then a month later it was my industrial. Then bout six months later I got my tongue pierced. And as of two weeks ago I got my helix/cartilage piercings. Adding on to my 4 earlobe piercings I had for 2 years and first earlobe I have since I was a babe.


And the funny shit is...I'm not even done. I love having my piercings...and love getting the rush when getting pierced is like a fucking drug for me [laugh out loud] I mean I will eventually move on to tattoos but for now I'm a Piercing Junkie and P R O U D

No comments:

Post a Comment